RTC Funding Opportunities
Call for Projects: $7 Million from the Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG) Available (as of May 9, 2016)
The Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) is seeking applications for projects to receive $7 million from the region’s share of Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG) funds. Note – this program was formerly known as the Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP).
Deadline: Applications must be received by 2:00 p.m. on July 14, 2016.
Eligible Projects: Funds are available for a variety of highway, local street/road improvements, reconstruction/rehabilitation, transit capital, transportation system management, bicycle and pedestrian, and transportation demand management projects as summarized in Eligibility: STBG. Projects are subject to California and Federal requirements for this funding source, including Caltrans’ Local Assistance Program Guidelines (LAPG), Caltrans Procedures Manual (LAPM), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) guidelines, and other state or federal requirements, as may be applicable.
Funding Request: A “Project Application Packet” must be submitted for each project. Word and excel versions of the packet are available here:
- Part I, II, III. & V: Project Information, Map, Benefits and Certification (word document)
- Part IV: Project Budget and Funding Plan (excel document – different tabs for capital and non-infrastructure projects)
- Part VI: Roadway Preservation Projects – Supplemental Materials
Background on this Funding Opportunity: See the May 5, 2016 RTC staff report (Item #22 – page 269 of PDF) on this call for projects.
For more information: Contact the RTC at 831-460-3200
Past Funding Programs
For more information on past funding cycles, please visit the RTC’s Approved Projects.
Other Transportation Funding Programs
- Caltrans’ Planning Grant opportunities
- Regional Air District Grants for Reducing Mobile Emissions from Transportation and other sources
- Other Funding programs administered by Caltrans Local Assistance
Senior Transportation Planner