Bicycle Advisory Committee
Purpose and Role
The Bicycle Advisory Committee:
- advises the Regional Transportation Commission and its member agencies on bicycle related issues
- reviews proposed bicycle related policies, programs, projects, plans, funding applications, and legislation
- provides input on existing roadway/bikeway conditions affecting cycling
- reviews and approves Bikes Secure (bike parking subsidy) applications
- develops bike projects for future implementation
- coordinates with local jurisdictions and bicycle related organizations to promote cycling projects and programs
Committee Description from the RTC Rules and Regulations
The 11 member committee is comprised of volunteers representing:
- each of the five supervisorial districts
- each of the four cities
- Bike to Work and
- the Community Traffic Safety Coalition.
Each member has an alternate.
Meetings of the Bicycle Advisory Committee
The Bicycle Advisory Committee currently meets on the second Monday of every other month from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, at the Regional Transportation Commission’s Conference Room at 1523 Pacific Ave., Santa Cruz (above Chef Works). The public is welcome to attend.
The Regional Transportation Commission does not discriminate on the basis of disability. If you wish to attend a Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting and require special assistance in order to participate, please contact staff at 460-3200 at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting to make arrangements. As a courtesy to those persons affected, please attend the meeting smoke and scent free.
- Bicycle Projects and Programs
- Bicycle Services & Resources
- Bicycle facilities planning and design guidelines – technical guidelines and manuals used by Caltrans and other agencies help inform the Bicycle Advisory Committee and public on project implementation procedures and design standards
- Getting around by bicycle in Santa Cruz County
Senior Transportation Planner/Bicycle Coordinator