The RTC conducts transportation planning activities and implements some capital projects, consistent with long-range plans and other guiding documents.
Transportation planning efforts, programs, and capital projects require the expertise of many professionals, and RTC employs the services of contractors to accomplish some of these activities.
Qualified vendors able to fulfill the specifications and meet the terms and conditions required are encouraged to submit bids/offers in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and informal bid requests.
All solicitations include details regarding the project, needed services, required qualifications, timeline, and the requirements for successful proposers. It is the proposer’s responsibility to ensure that a bid or proposal is received by the RTC prior to the time and date specified. To be notified of contracting opportunities, please submit a request form to be notified of future opportunities.
Call Box Maintenance and Improvements – Request for Proposals: Due June 12, 2013
by 1:00 pm
The RTC Service Authority for Freeways and Emergencies is soliciting proposals for a contractor to provide maintenance and ADA site improvements to 122 call boxes in Santa Cruz County for a 5 year period. If you have any questions, please contact SAFE Program Manager Amy Naranjo at (831) 460-3214 or by email at email@example.com. Please view the full Request for Proposals (RFP) here.
Santa Cruz Branch Line Mainline Bridge Support, Repairs, and Member Replacements
RTC received sealed bids until 2:00 pm on May 24, 2013 Pacific Daylight Time for improvements to the Santa Cruz Branch Line.
- Public Notice
- Bid package – revised as specified in Addendum No. 1, No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, and other information
- A pre-bid conference and site visit was held at the RTC office on April 10, 2013 at 1523 Pacific Avenue, Santa Cruz CA 95060. Please review the bid package for more details
- Pre-bid conference attendance
- Questions and Answers from 4/10/2013 Pre-bid conference, and others (updated 5/20/2013)
The RTC received two bids as follows:
- $6,847,700 from Shimmick Construction Company, Inc.
- $9,409,790 from Proven Management, Inc.
The apparent low bidder is Shimmick Construction Company, Inc.
Freeway Service Patrol – Request for Proposals: Proposal submission period is now closed. Review of proposals is underway.
The RTC Service Authority for Freeways and Emergencies is soliciting proposals for tow operators to provide Freeway Service Patrol on Highway 17 (Beat 1) and/or Highway 1 (Beat 2) for a 4-year period. For a full description of proposal requirements, please review the Request for Proposals document.
- Forms A-D,F,H-J (Fill-in ready)
- Form G-Price Proposal Spreadsheet
- FSP Standard Operating Procedures 2009
- A proposers’ conference was held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013
- Current FSP Contracts
- Addendum #1 – Modifies Attachment 1 – Scope of Work to allow for the use of flat bed tow trucks for providing FSP on Beat 2 (Highway 1) and adds requirements for flat bed trucks; and modifies the requirement for the age of the chassis, running gear and truck to require tow trucks to have a model year of 2012 or newer.
Voice and Data RFQ Document Preparation – Request for Qualifications: Proposal submission period is now closed. Review of proposals is underway.
The Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) invites qualified consultants to submit qualifications and cost rates for a Voice and Data Request for Proposal Document Preparation. The Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) with all the required components must be submitted to the RTC, attention: Yesenia Parra by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 12, 2013. Please view the full RFQ here. If you have any questions, please contact Yesenia Parra at (831)460-3218 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Contract Opportunities
Construction Management Services
- Description: Construction Management Services in association with improvements to the Santa Cruz Branch Rail Line consisting primarily of structures rehabilitation
- Award Date: February 7, 2013
- Contract Manager: Luis Mendez
- Awarded to: Hatch Mott McDonald
Student Shuttle Operator
- Description: Manage and operate a fixed route shuttle serving public school students for a 6 to 8 month period in association with the Highway 1 Soquel/Morrissey Auxiliary Lanes project construction.
- Award Date: August 2, 2012
- Contract Manager: Kim Shultz
- Awarded to: Michael’s Transportation Service, Watsonville, CA
Rail Service Operator
- Award date: May 17, 2012
- Contract Manager: Luis Mendez
- Awarded to: Iowa Pacific Holdings, Chicago, IL
On-board Transit Ridership Survey
- Award date: March 2, 2012
- Contract Manager: Grace Blakeslee
- Awarded to: Moore & Associates, Valencia, CA
Transportation Funding Poll
- Award date: March 1, 2012
- Contract Manager: Rachel Moriconi
- Awarded to: Godbe Research, San Mateo, CA
To be notified of future consulting opportunities, please fill out and submit a request form.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
The RTC encourages the participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in its contracts. The RTC affirms the utilization and participation of qualified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Underutilized Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (UDBE) firms in its contracting and procurement activities for federally-funded contracts. The RTC encourages general and prime contractors to afford competitive subcontracting opportunities to DBE and UDBE firms, where possible, in their contracting and procurement activities within the County of Santa Cruz. Find out more about becoming a designated DBE by the State of California or finding a DBE to subcontract.
Administrative Services Officer